Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Man's Worst Enemy

You may wonder what this could possibly be. It can bring a (relatively) sane man to anger, swearing and possibly throwing something that is much more valuable than the "worst enemy". It will stump even the smartest of men. When man's wife brings it home she anticipates the groan followed with the refusal to help.  Man's children will quietly ask "What's wrong with dad?".I know this is no surprise but it is the dreaded plastic screw anchor. Any real man will say that they are pointless and don't work, but yet they come in all shapes and sizes and are included with most hanging things. I've managed to spend my morning putting up shelves and magazine racks using the "worst enemy" and no swearing or throwing ensued. (Just don't tell my landlords. They hate holes in the walls. The way I figure it is that 3 to 4 years of rent qualifies me for at least 50 holes.) 

p.s. Nobody was hurt in the using of these plastics screw anchors. Well, maybe his pride.
p.s.s. I love you babe for your willingness to help. I really do.

2 comments:

Riss said...

Little plastic things will get the best of just about anyone sometime. Did he read the instructions first? I find that always helps.

Kristy said...

I see those things and think, "Crap, what junk does Kristy want to hang on the wall now" They just mean work and less play for me.