Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Sister's Challenge


In my previous post my sister commented on me thinking of my own talents. That was definetly food for thought and after thinking for way too long, I came to the conclusion that I'm not very talented. :) For instance, I think I'm good at making people laugh. But I also know people who don't think I'm very funny. See my dilemma. My talents are hidden and you have to get to know me to love me. And sometimes you just have to love me, regardless. I came up with a real talent that no one could argue about. I love to try new recipes (whether they turn out good or not, I try). I enjoy my time in the kitchen when I choose to be there. Nightly dinners are kind of mundane and frustrating for me--unless I'm trying something new. I love the thrill when it actually works and everyone (Blake) likes it. Because of this talent, I'm going to share easy recipes on my blog. They must meet certain requirements though. They have to be easy and fast. I said that I enjoy trying new things that doesn't mean that I'm a chef. I am a MOM (Even better if you ask me). Anyways...
So here I challenge those that read this blog--Think of your talents. It's not as easy as you think. But if you need help, I'll tell you what you're good at. *Another talent for me--telling people what I think and that they should think that way, too. Maybe I'll keep a list of ALL my talents. I'm hoping my one talent will turn into ten.
For the grandparents: I've added some photos of the kids (I know that is why you actually read this). This is over at Five Rivers and it was really cool. Dad, it was covered with "rootness" but I thought of you on this walk knowing how much you would enjoy this.

1 comment:

Kimberly said...

Oh we love every meal that you fix. I could go for one right now. Don't short change your quick and easy meals, they are wonderful! When are you guys coming for a visit?