I'm probably different than most people in that there are very few people that I've known for 15 years. My husband doesn't even make the list yet. I was raised in the military and have had many friends but rarely do they last longer than the time we are stationed at that particular Air Force Base. Since my parents retired in Logan, UT it has forced me to retain friendships and to learn how to grow with them over time. I've been blessed with a small group of these special friends. These were the girls who you laugh with in the college library while everyone gives you dirty looks (and we didn't care, we laughed louder), when those special songs come on the radio you automatically think of them, they remember those stupid boys you liked even though you wish they didn't, and on and on...
I had lunch with a couple of them today and was so glad that they knew me. Really knew me. These are times that you cherish each other and know that even though family life, kids, school and everything else may postpone these type of lunches that when you do get together again all is well. You are normal to them and special. At least that is how I feel about them (maybe not the "normal" part but definitely special). Girls, thank you for overlooking my mistakes and my regrets and seeing me. Who knew that meeting one girl in McDonalds could lead to 15 years of this. Thank you for a great day.
1 comment:
Hey you! Who did you see?
You gotta check my blog soon for some cheat codes for Lane. I'm not sure if they will work for your game, but you could try.
Love you!
Post a Comment