Saturday, October 17, 2009

36 observations of turning 36


1. I'm noticing more gray hairs on the top of my head.  It could be that my new sunroof highlights the gray easier.  Either way, I may have to finally color my hair.
2. Paige thinks that on my birthday I shouldn't have to drive.  I should just sit in the passenger seat and relax. We would get nowhere.
3. I'm closer to 40 yrs. old than to 30 yrs. old. My 40+ friends think this is great. My "younger" friends think I'm old and need help walking up stairs.
4. If you are born before 1975 you don't have to take the Hunter Safety Test (or whatever it's call).  As if this is even an advantage to me.  Certain men have been plotting on getting me in a tree stand to sit in the cold and freeze just so they can use my tags.  Not gonna happen.

Okay, I'm not really going to give you 36 observations.  More like 3 to 6.  My memory is failing and I don't really observe too much anymore.  I'm pretty clueless.  For example: "I know this friend" who went into Walmart to do some shopping (not a small list either) and on "my friend's" way out she couldn't find her keys.  She made it to her car to notice that her keys were still in the ignition with the car on and the doors UNLOCKED.  Ready for the taking.  Needless to say, I didn't hesitate to say a lengthy prayer of gratitude.  I mean "my friend" said a lengthy prayer of gratitude.  (It still makes me cringe so please dad don't call and tell me how ridiculous I am).

2 comments:

Riss said...

You did not tell me about "your friend". I bet she had a facy new car she is glad was still there.

Stephanie said...

bwahahahahahha!!!!! oh my gosh - i had sooooo much fun laughing at (not with) your "friend".

seriously?? if that had happened here in phoenix, it would have been long gone!!!!!!