Thursday, September 2, 2010

I'm not 10 feet tall and bullet-proof

So I was invited by our church ward Scout Master (who happens to be my buddy Scott) on a youth activity to go whitewater rafting at Wisp Resort in Maryland. We had a great time. The only downfall is the fact I twisted my knee pretty bad upon being thrown from the raft in which my foot got stuck and I end up bent over backwards with my head underwater. After swallowing several gallons of water, I manage to unstuck myself and abandon ship. At this point the guide informs me I'll be taking on the other Class III-IV rapids on my own floating on my back. Just what I had in mind. I survived. Just barely. I think the others in our group thought I would drown. I thought so too. Anyway, this injury indirectly led to my mishap in the shower the other day in which I broke my big toe which leads to the probable withdrawal of the Labor Day 5K I'm supposed to run. My wife wants to trade me in for a newer model. One without so many miles. I can't argue her point. I just need to convince her I'm a collectable and will be very valuable some day. Enjoy the pictures.


2 comments:

jgverdine said...

I thought you couldnt swim?? Looks like fun, even though it WAS a near death experience.

Riss said...

So sad. I guess you forfeit.