There are still a couple more finishing touches to put up but the main part is done and the faucet doesn't leak. Blake was handier than he thought and I have less patience than I thought. I wanted to start throwing things at one point in the project and Blake just kept chugging away. You know it's bad when I started to consider not using the sink and just having it be for show. But the leaking stopped and now we'll let you use it if you come for a visit.
Friday, November 5, 2010
New Old Bathroom
I have been waiting to show you our new bathroom once we finished it 100% but I just can't find the right green bamboo to put between the toilet and sink. If I wait too long the pictures will never go up. So, here is the before and after photos. (I think you'll be able to tell which came first--the chicken or the egg.) This is the main floor bathroom that probably gets the most use so I especially love the wool rugs that started the whole renovation. You know how it goes...If you give Jen some new wool rugs she'll want some matching towels to go with it. If she has the matching towels she'll want the walls painted to look pretty. When she realizes that she doesn't have enough paint for all the walls she'll decide that bead board is the answer. When she doesn't want to repaint she decides that the lights need to be changed. When the lights don't fit she'll realize that the ugly medicine cabinet mirror needs to come down. Then she finds the perfect mirror to replace it. But Jen wants the wood colors to match so she'll convince her husband that the whole vanity needs to be replaced. So when you give Jen new wool rugs she'll want a new bathroom to go with it. And so it began... and finally ended. (If you give a mouse a cookie... See the pattern.)



Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I love it. I can't believe I didn't use it when I was there last week. I'll have to make another trip over.
Post a Comment