Sunday, October 23, 2011

Wonderful Weekend in Washington, D.C.

I spent my weekend at the D.C. Temple.  It's been awhile since I've been able to go so this was a wonderful weekend.  It was a Stake Relief Society Activity so Blake had the crazy pleasure of staying home with the kids.  Lane told me that "they had a blast without me.  No offense, mom".  Offense taken, just a little bit.  But then I remember how much fun I had with 2 of my dearest friends.  P.F. Chang's, shopping, and staying over night like a couple of school girls.



This picture is taken on our way out of the city from the freeway. 
Had to stop for a bathroom break.  How could you NOT stop?
 Perfect season, perfect trees.

I stood out in the middle of the road and risked my life just for this shot.
(I'm kidding, Dad.)

I came home feeling a little bit lighter, a little more grateful, and a little closer to what really matters in life.  Thanks Blake for making it possible for me to go.  You & Me next time.

No comments: