So I finally jumped on the band wagon and read the "Twilight" series. I read all three books in two days. When Blake finally realized how big the books were and that I'd finished all of them his response was "No wonder the house is a mess". He really didn't care about the mess, he just had to remind me that he had no clean clothes to wear. I assured him that the kids were feed, clothed, and bathed. Now to take it one step further I think I am the only one out of my friends to say that my husband is now reading the "Twilight" series and is into the 2nd book already. He came to dinner saying, "I can't believe they broke up." I thought he was talking about Tony Romo and Jessica Simpson (who cares about them?!). Blake seemed a little annoyed that I didn't understand that he was talking about Edward and Bella. I'm secretly counting how many days it takes him to read them all. Next bit of news. Blake and I put an offer on a house that is a couple of blocks from our apartments here and the offer was accepted. It a cute little ranch house with a great backyard that comes with a wood swing set and a great climbing tree. I'm wondering how long it will take Lane to figure out that if he climbs on the swing set and into the tree he can then get on the roof. I'm expecting a broken arm or leg within the year. We are planning on closing on July 18th. Hopefully things will go smoother this time around. Flag football sign-ups are this Saturday and I can't wait to get Lane out on the field. I'm tired of telling him no football in the house. The apartment is just too small for him to tackle anyone/anything that moves. Poor Paige. She is usually on the receiving end of the tackle. Well, there is the update for now.
2 comments:
Congratulations on the house. I want pictures. I am glad I am not the only person who neglects her family when reading a good book. I can't wait to hear Blakes thought about it. I wish we could have a book group and hear a guys point of view on the book. I don't think I can get Criag to read it. Maybe I could get him to listen to it on tape. I'll try.
Those are the best books!! Casey just looks at me crazy when I try to describe to hime what I am reading. He just says, "vampires...?" I am so impressed that Blake is reading them. Casey's is just missing out:) Congratulations on the house. It sounds so cute! I hope we will be seeing pictures soon!!
Post a Comment