
I've been spending my morning getting caught up on things around the house today. Lane has had strep and has spent the last two day dramatically telling me how sore his throat is. Well, today he had the green light from the doctor to go back to school so now the house is quiet and I'm trying to be productive. In the process of being more productive I was going through my emails and came across a lot of new recipes I have bookmarked to try. One of my favorite websites is the
Kraft Foods site. They give great
easy recipes that seem pretty kid friendly. You can also sign up for the FREE magazine (sign up for the weekly newsletter, it rocks). Yes, free. And it always has great ideas and even helps get my mind thinking so I can tweek it for my own family. I've been spending at least 3 nights a week at the soccer/football fields and we have to be there by 5:30. That is normally when we eat dinner so I need fast, healthy meals. Needless to say, going through my emails has help re motivate me to be better prepared. Here are a few recipes that caught my attention. Warning: this website can be addicting.



I hope this helps motivate someone else to have family dinners. Like I mentioned, between soccer, football, and Blake being on call, we've not been as good sitting down eating as a family and I can tell the difference in not having as much "talking time" with each other. So even though Blake is on call today and we have soccer
and football tonight--we will be eating dinner at the table with no TV on and we will not forget to bless the food. This will be a good night. Now, what should we eat? :)
No comments:
Post a Comment