Friday, October 31, 2008

Happy Crazy Candy Day!

Scream and Princess Padme' are the defenders of our home.

This is the neighborhood craziness.  Blake and I couldn't believe how many people where out.  The town sets the trick-o-treating time from 6pm-8pm and the kids mean business.  Cars could barely get through.  At times there was a line of 20 kids waiting to get candy.  I'm sure this picture doesn't do it justice.  It reminded me of how Halloween was when I was little and we trick-o-treated on the Air Force Bases.  The weather was perfect too.  We could've walked all night if Scream and Padme' didn't tire out.

This was their loot that they brought home.  I was actually pleased.  It didn't seem like a crazy amount that would last into the new year but enough that they could enjoy it for a week.  I also was so thankful for how my kids behaved.  They didn't run through people's flower beds, said thank-you, and walked with us having fun.  They are such great kids and I realize more and more how I want to always be great friends with them.  I know, being the parent comes first but once you teach them manners they become such neat little people.  Perfect Halloween experience and we all had a great day.  Sweet Dreams.  

3 comments:

Kristy said...

They look great! I am glad it was such a great night. We did one of those truck or treats, and secretly I miss those days of door to door trick or treating.

...for all eternity said...

We hardly had any trick or treaters! My mom had 0 in Utah. I think they all went to the trunk or treat. My SLC was a stinker and wouldn't walk with us. She kept running ahead the whole night with her older friends. I stopped getting mad and yelling and just tryed to enjoy SH. I also had to keep yelling "Thank you!" becuase the kids were just too excited and would run to the next house. I found the trick to not getting a lot of candy, give them a really small bag. People would only put a couple pieces in it.

Alli said...

Go to Overstock.com and search for rolling coaster ride on car and you should see what we call Challengers. Joel and I have a blast on them :) They can hold up to 200 pounds and you move them by using your body which sounds crazy but it's good exercise and you can really cruise!! This is a great price to - I think my mom paid $75.
Ty and Sarah have had them for almost three years and still LOVE them which is worth a lot!