
Today we had a great opportunity to watch Lane walk in the Veteran's Day Parade. It was his first Parade as a cub scout. (I forgot my camera.) I was proud of him and his understanding of what Veteran's Day is about. He gets it and is proud of his Grandpas for being "soldiers". At the very end of the parade they had the casket that represented the Unknown Soldier. We reminded the kids to stand quietly and respectfully. I started to get teary-eyed thinking of the sacrifices of men, women, and families for this country. Knowing that I have so many blessings because of sacrifices of others was very humbling. So thank you to all the veterans and those who are serving now. I have experienced a little bit of that sacrifice because of my dad serving in the Air Force and it is appreciated by my little family.
No comments:
Post a Comment