Tuesday, October 27, 2009

We switched!

Now this switch was made with resistance.  More resistance than I expected.  Before this switch, this had been going on for over 11 years.  This seemed to be an uphill battle.  Similar to switching from Pepsi to Coke.  Who in their right mind would do that!?! Unless they lived in the Philippines and Pepsi was just not available and Coke was necessary to kill the worms inside your belly. (That's another topic altogether.) Okay, Okay.  I know you are wondering what we have done.  It's life-changing .  WE SWITCHED SIDES OF THE BED. I know, shocking.  I have yet to fall asleep but obviously it hasn't slow Blake down in his ability to sleep with a snap of his fingers.  The real thing that tickles me pink is that in this process I've managed to turn our bedroom back into a bedroom.  All the craft projects, rubbermaid containers, and piles of "stuff" have been removed and on to better pastures.  We've only lived here for two years and I'm actually starting to decorate for real. What a fun, creative feeling.  My only worry now, is can I get used to the fan hitting me on the left side vs. the old right side.  BTW, I forgot to tell the kids that we switch so maybe they'll scare daddy out of his peaceful sleep for once.

3 comments:

dastew said...

Jen, The big question in this switch is who's closer to the door? If it's you than Blake is just trying to make sure that he has enough time to get away in case a serial killer breaks in. At least that's what I tell Carolyn when she asks why she sleeps closer to the door.

Riss said...

I can't wait to see the new decorating. I hope this switch is better than drinking Coke. Gross!

Kristy said...

Good luck getting the kids to go along with your plan...we have "switched" a couple of times and they just seem to know where I am at all the time!!