Sunday, February 17, 2008
Life is a journey
I was reading a post from my sister's blog and it has been on my mind this weekend. In her blog she said that "life is about the journey, not the destination". Today in church we taught a lesson on choices and opposition in all things. We asked the kids what kind of place was it before Adam and Eve ate the forbidden fruit. Their reply was "a perfect world". The more we got talking about not having joy/misery or good/bad we all decided that that doesn't sound very perfect. If you're a mom like me parts of it sound great--hey kids, can you grab dinner off the tree. Oops, no kids yet. See, not so perfect. Anyways, it got me thinking about taking shortcuts in life. Wanting it easy and relying on everyone else to solve our problems when the only person we should rely on is our Savior. If we are always looking for a shortcut or quick solution how will we ever progress in life. Hopefully, all of us have had moments that have been painful or lonely at times but come out the other end of it a better person. I'm trying to embrace these moments and know that I still have so many of these moments ahead. But that would also mean that there is still so much joy ahead too.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
AMEN!!!!
LOVE the thoughts Jen! I'm trying to embrace some of "those" journey moments right now.
I love you! I miss you! One of my friends has her sister (18yr) living with her this summer. I'm SO jealous! :(
Post a Comment