Tuesday, April 1, 2008

The going on's...

in our life are painfully simple but here is an update nonetheless.  Many of you know that I went to the doctor last week for my vertigo and in the process of all the test I had to not drink any caffeine for 24 hours.  Oh, could it be done?  Yes, and it was easier than my previous attempts.  Well, it's been a week and I'm still alive.  I've been doing Weight Watchers (again) and have been very good.  A couple of points to make:  1.  Your "points" go pretty far when you don't use them all up drinking soda.  2.  Buying a new scale does not make your weight change or look any better.  Do I really need to know to 1/10th of a lb. how heavy I am?  3.  Men should not be allowed to use above scale if they are going to lose 5 lbs in four days.  It is not healthy for your marriage.  I just had lunch (salad!) with a couple of friends I've met and I have become painfully aware that I'm not sophisticated.  So much so that I don't have much to add to the conversation unless it is to make a sarcastic joke.  They may laugh out loud but I wonder if they are silently thinking "so this is how they breed them out west?"  They speak of beach houses for spring break, to Europe for the summer, and all I think of is fishing and camping and seeing family out west.  It's turning out to be a beautiful day.  65 degrees and partly sunny.  That can cheer me up any day.    

1 comment:

Kristy said...

Jen way to be healthy! I really need someone to kick my behind, maybe I'll check in on you for inspiration:)Come out west anytime you want to do fishing and camping...thats what we do (or at least attempt)!