Paige had her last Explorer class. It was about bees and she learned a lot more than I thought she did. These answers are in Paige's own words. #2 cracks me up.
1. Only girl bees (workers) have stingers.
2. Boy bees (drones) aren't very special. They are good for nothing.
3. When girl bees are done with the boy bees they rip their wings off and kill them.
4. There are guard bees and they guard the hive.
5. Honey is yummy. (She got to dig her fingers into the honeycomb to get fresh honey. I had to tell her to stop. Save some for the bees.)
She also enjoyed watching the bees in an observation cabinet. They were making Queen cells because they just lost their Queen a week ago.
We've had a lot of rain so there hasn't been a lot of soccer or being outside. Hopefully today turns a little better. Hope your day is a little drier.
(Steph: why does my blog do the spacing like that and how can I fix it?)
3 comments:
spacing like what?
call me, i'll help figure it out if you want.
i've been thinking of you today. miss you.
oh, hey - did you copy and paste the paige stuff from another document? your normal blog spacing is like the part above the paige bee stuff. if you copied and pasted from somewhere, then maybe....
just a thought.
good night.
love you!
I love all that Paige learned, I can't believe she remembered it all.
Post a Comment