Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Things to do...

without the kids at home.  I'll start with the obvious. 
1. Run around the house naked.
2. Eat real lunches.  No mac-n-cheese (with hot dogs) here.
3. Eat the hidden stash of chocolate ...without sharing.
4. Shower without having to listen for dying children choking on their spit.
5. Walk three miles without having to stop for cracker refills or dropped toys.
I'm sure I'll add to this list but these we're the things I noticed on the first, quiet, day.  I'm enjoying the free time.  I've realized I get so much more accomplished.  But I only enjoy it because the kids are happy and I get to pick them up after school and give them sweet hugs and tell them how I missed them.  Distance does make the heart grow fonder in this case.  

2 comments:

...for all eternity said...

These are all these things that I do everyday (or can't wait to do i.e. #1)!!!! Too funny!

Kristy said...

Okay..too much information about the naked part - ha,ha!! I am just really jealous and can't wait for my turn!!!