I thought I got a serious picture of him in white but I didn't. This is all I got. Ugh.
I've been spending this last week enjoying the growth that I see in my baby boy and try not to focus on how old it makes me feel. Lane is such an amazing kid and I see so much potential in him. I can only imagine that this is how our Heavenly Father feels about each of us. One of Lane's strongest qualities is his willingness to be obedient. I need to point out here that he doesn't always listen and I still find myself repeating things more times than I care to admit but I've also noticed that when it counts and when it's between good and bad choices, I always know which way his heart will lean. He understand what his Heavenly Father expects of him and is always willing to help others. I had a non-LDS friend ask me about about our big weekend and was kind of surprised about Lane being baptized, was he being made to do this?, is he ready?, etc. I hadn't thought much about it because the gospel is so much a part of our life and is the underlining purpose to everything we do. I explained to her about Primary and how he's been taught about Jesus since he was little. I talked to her about the Priesthood also. She was surprised that Blake had the priesthood. I am grateful for her questions because it reminds me to teach my children. I want them to obey because they have a testimony of the gospel not because I've asked them to do it but because God has asked.
Lane asked me to speak on Baptism (and shook his head when I started getting teary-eyed) but I kept it short and simple. Grandpa Ernie spoke on the Holy Ghost and used a picture that fit in perfectly. It was of when Lane was 2 years old and climbing a ladder to reach Blake (the father) on top of the garage. Gpa Ernie was standing right behind Lane making sure he wouldn't slip and fall. (See how perfect this picture was?) It was tied in with the Holy Ghost helping us return to our Father. Blake had to preside, perform the ordinances, and welcome Lane into the ward. Good thing the Elders were there so we could have two witnesses. It was a simple but wonderful day.
2 comments:
Wow! When did he grow up? I cannot believe he is 8 years old!! What a wonderful milestone. I am glad you had a great weekend. Congrats Lane on this important milestone!
Congratulations Lane! What a great moment in life. Good work Blake and Jenn in all your teaching. It is one of many great milestones in life.
Post a Comment