Thursday, December 18, 2008

Simple Woman's Daybook

Outside my window...
I am keeping an eye on our birdhouse that Lane made in Scouts.  There were about 10-15 birds eating out of it yesterday all within minutes of each other.  We have the most popular house on the block.  Bird house that is.

I am thinking...
about the gifts and cards I need to finish up.  They are the handmade part of my gifts.

I am thankful...
for the magic of Christmas.  I really enjoy seeing the kids get so excited about Santa.  We also really focus on the Savior.  But we focus on Jesus year round so I enjoy seeing the kids enjoy the mystery of Santa.

From the kitchen...
I haven't done the Christmas goodies to give out to friends this year.  But I'm craving the Oreo Truffles so maybe I'd better get started.

I am wearing...
a smile on my face.  My skin biopsies came back benign.  I feel relief to be able to move forward.

I am creating...
Scrabble Tile pendants (again).  The ones I made to give away I ruined on accident.  So I have to start over.

I am reading...
Isaiah.  He was such a great prophet.

I am hoping...
I can find a great Christmas present for Blake and have a little something to surprise him with.  He's a tough one to shop for.

I am hearing...
The Twilight soundtrack.  It makes me want to start reading the books (again).

One of my favorite things...
is volunteering in the kids school classes.  I taught a craft in Paige's class yesterday and will be doing Lane's Christmas party on Monday.  I taught Paige's class the "Snowman song" (Once there was a snowman, snowman, snowman).  They loved it and Paige got to help teach it.  

A few plans for the rest of the week...
watch people drink too much, say too much and show too much skin.  Or in other words--Blake's work party.

A picture thought I am sharing...
stay tuned.  I'm going to try to get a picture of the best birdhouse on the block and all its visitors. 

1 comment:

Shemri and Gang said...

As I am reading a post from one of my best friends blog (Riss) I see the mention of your name. Such a small world that my best friend would move to West Virginia and become friends with the people my other best friend Shannon introduced to me. By the way I stalk your blog from time to time and you are hilarious.