Sunday, December 28, 2008

Cookies for Christmas...

Stupid traditions!!  It seems for the past 3 or 4 years I have been able to avoid this tradition much to my delight.  It's not that I hate making cookies or even eating them.  And I really do think that it's important for Santa to have a snack.  But not necessarily at the expense of my kitchen floors. This year I had no grandmas, *Sue T., or *Gretchen H. (names have NOT been changed, they deserve the credit) to help my kids enjoy their childhood so I had to step up as their beloved mother.  (A small step)  So off I went to buy the refrigerated cookie dough and the tub of store-bought frosting.  I told you it was only a small step up.  No "made-from-scratch" cookies here. (Unless you count the "scratching my eyes out" from the flour mess.) And you know what?  It wasn't so bad.  Survivable.  Quite enjoyable actually.  We put smiles on our faces, too much sugar in our belly (it tastes better uncooked), and finally sprinkles on the cookies, counter and floor. It makes the floor more festive, don't you think?  And when you see smiles like this you start planning for next year (someone else's house and more flour.  Any offers?)   

5 comments:

Kristy said...

Alright, you have flown much higher than me this year. No cookies baking in our house of any sort. Just call me the grinch!

Alli said...

You certainly get a cool mom sticker this year!! By the way, your kids are beautiful!

...for all eternity said...

STORE bought dough, ahhhh! Why didn't I think of that!? I stood there in the kitchen with my head about to blow off from my awful headcold making old St. Nick his goodies when I could have just sent Scott to grab the dough!!

Riss said...

You can bake cookies ate my house any time. My floor is always a mess anyway. Love these photos by the way!

Gretchen said...

I am glad someone carried on the tradition. Christmas Eve, I remembered that we never had our cookie day during the holiday season. It was a very forgetful year. I almost forgot Craig's birthday, I know what kind of wife am I.