Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Spring Break! Wo-hoo!

Blake is working call shifts 3 times this week so my spring break will not consist of beach houses or Europe but the weather has been beautiful (70*).  When my mom called and told me they had snow this morning I couldn't help but tell her that I had a sunburn.  :)  Paige started soccer yesterday and she loved it.  I think she is the cutest soccer girl ever.  Blake took her while I took Lane to a basketball game.  When Blake handed Paige her soccer t-shirt she said, "They gave that to me?" "WOW!"  I think she enjoys being the one to get to play and not just stand on the sidelines finally.  

Her coach gave them homework: Practice bouncing the ball off your knee and catching it and to think of a team name.  Paige's idea..."Cheetahs because we're small and fast".  Not to mention it IS a cat (for my cat lover).  Spring Break is going smooth.  The kids haven't had too many timeouts for fighting with each other.  I have to laugh at my sister though.  She finally sent me some movies that the kids could watch with their time off from school.  They were so excited so we hurried and put one in only to find out that it was a blank dvd.  :)  Thanks Steph.  I know you tried.  It gave me a good laugh even though the kids weren't too thrilled.  

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

Um.....
Duh...
Oops....
Are the kids terribly upset? Please tell them to love Aunt Stephie even though she was a crazy lady! :)
I still love them and I'll have to make a special package to make it up to them.
I am taping Marjoriums (whatever) Emporium if you'd like a copy of that. :)

Gretchen said...

We start Spring Break this week! Because we weren't going anywhere fun like Florida, or Myrtle Beach, they want to stay home. I suggested New York City, and they all said no. I think they have been spoiled by going to the city to much. We will keep you posted with our advents. Okay I just realized that I have to authorize to post, I have posted in the past and it hasn't been posted. So don't think I am forgetting about you. I guess I need to read a little more clearly.