My Tadpole, Jellyfish, and Shark (the Minnow is taking the picture).
Sunday, July 27, 2008
My Tadpole is a Minnow...
and my Jellyfish is a Shark. We have enjoyed, tired of, and passed swimming lessons. It was only two weeks long but sometimes it seemed to go on forever. I think even the kids were tired of it all. Lane learned how to dive and is great at swimming the freestyle stroke--with his face in the water. (He doesn't take after his mother. I've always hated putting my face in the water and still do.) Paige has perfected jumping in and going under. She'll plug her nose while she stands on the side of the pool and then lets go before she hits the water. They both have jumped off the low dive and Lane has jumped off the high dive. Dad keeps bugging him to do it over and over again. I told Lane to say, "I'll do it if you do it." That seemed to keep Dad quiet. It's been great to have the apartment pool here because they have become so comfortable around the water (Dad, I still keep a really close eye on them). And it's made them better swimmers to boot. I can't complain, it's been fun for me too. Here is one of my favorite swimming photos.

Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Just started swimming and diving lessons this week. We stayed after to swim for the day. We missed having you to sit by under our tree. We did buy snacks that Declan said were Lane's swimming snacks. Glad you are having a great summer, we do miss you.
Post a Comment